Some common examples of when employers fail to pay overtime are:
- Employers mistakenly treat employees as exempt from overtime pay
- Employers fail to pay overtime to employees who are on salary
- Employers fail to pay for “off the clock” work
- Employers pay for overtime but not the correct amount required by law
- There is an agreement between the employer and the employee that conflicts with the requirements of overtime pay
OvertimeScams.us lists the most common overtime and Wage-and-Hour abuses, categorized by job title, description, and industry.